2017 Fasting Guide – Day Twelve
LIVING LIMITLESS AND EQUIPPED – BY FAITHIf we are going to walk in the supernatural things that God has prepared for us ahead of time to do, we must start by believing for supernatural things to occur as we follow Him in obedience to His Word. Because the structure changed in the New Testament, after the cross, we can now boldly approach the throne of grace. We are no longer subject to the Law. The purposes and the designs that God has laid out in His Word are still effective and valid. We know from Hebrews 11 that faith in God was the key ingredient for His people to be a part of supernatural happenings. Think about it:
• It was by faith that Noah prepared an ark and saved his family.Yet it says in:
• It was by faith that Abraham offered up his son and believed God for the promises that were as innumerable as the stars and the sand on the sea shores.
• It was by faith that Sarah received power to conceive.
• It was by faith that Moses forsook the comfort of Egypt, and led the people of God out of bondage.
• It was by faith the walls of Jericho fell.
• It was by faith that so many more (read all of Hebrews, chapter 11) subdued and toppled kingdoms, made justice work, took the promises for themselves.
• They were protected from lions and fires, and won battles; mothers received their children back from the dead.
We think much lower than we should. God planned that our faith would join with those who have gone before us and that we would reach new levels of overcoming and have exploits that were even greater, because now we have an advantage.
• By faith we obey the ridiculous.Come on! What we do is important. What we believe is important. How we live is important. And the just shall live by faith. The Living Bible Translation says it this way:
• By faith we lead others past obstacles into victory.
• By faith we hold onto that which isn’t seen in the natural yet, because we trust in His promises.
• By faith we step into the unknown.
• By faith we see past the present into the future.
• By faith we believe that which looks dead will live again.
• By faith we trust we are effective ministers who impact lives for eternity.
• By faith we live an exemplary life that is a model for others to live by.
Oh yes, we are equipped for the supernatural. We are equipped to experience what others have only dreamed of. But we must live a life of faith. For without faith it is impossible to please God.
But those who operate in faith, even if it seems like small faith, can move mountains, heal the sick, raise the dead, and set the captives free.
Father, today we come to You and we repent of unbelief. We recognize we are living below the blood line. We ask for forgiveness and that right now, faith would arise in our hearts that would cause us to step into a new realm of the reality of who You have made us to be. We are going to live a life of faith in YOU, not in our own abilities. And through faith, we are going to change this city, the surrounding cities and regions, this nation and the world. In Jesus’ Name. Amen!